Re: Simplified (a-la [G|N]DBM) DB access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Sugalski
Subject Re: Simplified (a-la [G|N]DBM) DB access
Date
List pgsql-general
At 9:40 PM +0400 4/19/05, Alexandre wrote:
>Lane, thank you, but it is not: PostISAM "generates SQL statements
>on the fly from traditional ISAM (read, write, start) statements",
>so it just add overhead, and is not what I'm looking for.

Speaking from experience, as I have a system which hides Postgres
behind an ISAM interface (though not PostISAM -- I rolled my own DB
library) as part of a legacy 4GL migration, the overhead's ignorable.
Dismissing it for that reason's not a good idea.

--
                Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk